1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Mash bananas and mix them with lemon juice and egg until they are smooth.
3. Cream margarine and sugar together and add the banana mix, stirring well.
4. In a seperate bowl stir together the dry ingredients. Add to the banana mix and stir in the optional ingredients if desired.
5. The dough will be very stiff. Turn it into a greased loaf pan and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. To test for doneness, insert a knife into the loaf; if it comes out clean, the bread is done.
Makes 1 loaf.