Makes Approx. 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 min.
Start to Finish: 2 Hrs.
Chocolate Fruit Torte Dessert
This recipe is really yummy, quality worthy of a birthday dessert. It is a seasonal (summer)
dish as it requires a large assortment of fresh fruit and is a chilled rather than hot. My sister picked this one out for her birthday dinner one year, and I
made sure to hang onto the recipe after!
Chocolate Crumb Crust:
- 1-1/2 cups Nilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers, crushed)
- 1/3 cup Hershey's Cocoa
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 peaches or nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup peach or apricot preserve
Prepare Chocolate Crumb Crust:
- Lightly butter 12-inch pizza pan
Note: A 9" pyrex pie pan will will work, but is not as easy to cut and serve from
- In medium bowl, stir together crumbs, cocoa
and powdered sugar.
- Stir in butter.
- Press mixture onto bottom and side of prepared
- Chill thoroughly.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar.
- Add cocoa, milk and
- Beat until smooth and well blended.
- Spread mixture over crust.
- Refrigerate until cream cheese mixture is chilled.
- Arrange fruit on cream cheese mixture, working from outside toward
center until surface is covered.
- Heat preserves until thin; cool slightly.
- Spoon preserves over fruit.
- Cut fruit torte into wedges.
Jessica's Homepage -> Recipes
-> Chocolate Fruit Torte