Green Bean Casserole
aka Chicken With Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
- 4-6 pieces chicken, chopped (leftovers work great for this)
- 6 medium brown/russet potatoes
- 2 large handfuls green beans
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Parmesean Cheese (powdered)
- Electric Mixer
- Large Pot and Slotted Spoon
- Casserole-sized Pyrex Baking Dish (approx 8x12 or 9x13)
- Knife and Cutting Board
- Cheese Grater
- Chop potatoes into 3/4" thick slices or cubes and boil until skins fall
off (approx 15-20 min?)
- Chop the chicken and green beans into bite sized chunks
- (optional) pre-cook the green-beans
- Pre-heat oven to approx. 325.
- Scoop potatoes from pot into large bowl (including skins) (allow to cool
a couple minutes).
- Add small amount of milk to bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Mash potatoes with electric mixer.
- Pour green-beans and chicken into bowl with mashed potatoes, stir until
- Pour potato mix into casserole dish, spread evenly across dish.
- Grate cheese across top of casserole.
- Cook in oven until warmed through and cheese melted (approx 10 min)
- Serve with additional salt, pepper, or parmesean cheese added to taste.
- Add additional veggies such as: bell peppers (assorted colors), parlsey,
Jessica's Homepage -> Recipes
-> This Recipe