Hash Brown Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups grated potatoes (brown/Russet suggested)
- Salt and lots of pepper
- Optional: 1/3 cup heavy cream (usually don’t use)
- Heat the butter in a large skillet.
- Spread the potatoes in a layer, pressing down with the spatula.
- Add salt and paper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Cut in half with the spatula edge and flip both halves.
- (if using cream, pour evenly over potatoes at this point.)
- Sprinkle again with salt and pepper.
- Cook another 6 or 7 minutes, or until the potatoes are crisp and brown on the bottom.
- Serve hot.
1 Large Russet Potato provides about 2 servings. Russet (brown) potatoes (with skins on) work best for this recipe. Red potatoes are a bit more sticky and taste a little different. The cookbook says the potatoes can be cooked or raw, usually I use raw.
Jessica's Homepage -> Recipes -> This Recipe