Mom's Turkey Stuffing
Recipe from Jessica's Recipe Corner
- 3/4 cup minced onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery (including both stalks and leaves)
- 1 cup butter
- 9 cups french bread cut into approx. 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed sage leaves (not sure if we actually add this though)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Chop french bread into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Place a large skillet on medium(verify temp?) heat. Add the onion, celery, and butter, and seasoning (verify this is when seasoning should be added?). Stir frequently until butter is melted and onion is tender.
- Stir in about 1/3 of the bread cubes and cook for an additional 5(verify time?) minutes, stirring occasionally. (adding some of the cubes now makes for variation in the texture of the stuffing)
- Remove the stuffing from the stove and mix with the remainder of the bread cubes in a large bowl, mix well.
- Stuff the turkey just before roasting.
Creates 9 cups (supposed to be enough for a 12 pound turkey, but proportions may need adjusting...recipe suggest 3/4 cup of stuffing per pound of turkey)
Jessica's Homepage -> Jessica's Recipe Corner -> This Recipe